History of OBX POOL SHARKS
Now going into our 18th season,
our mission is still to do a quality
job, pay attention to the details,
respond quickly, communicate with our
and realize the importance of a healthy clean pool and spa!
A little history...in 1997 Michelle Poirier and her husband, Bill Miles, created Pool Sharks. Michelle and Bill have owned several successful businesses on the Outer Banks since 1985. There they learned the importance of customer service and commitment. Deanna Murray, head service technician and general manager easily adopted the mission of the company when she began working with Michelle and Bill during the summer of 2002.
In January of 2010, John Anderson bought Pool Sharks and maintained the previous staff, (with a combined 45 years experience in the industry) business philosophies, and day to day operations, making for a seamless transition from previous owners to current. John has owned rental properties on the Outer Banks for 10 years and has the experience of being on the other side of the service industry. For that reason, John is especially in tune with what is important to the absentee homeowner.
We accomplish our mission by providing:
- * a clear, clean and properly balanced pool and spa for our owners and their guests
- * attention to all details concerning your property
- * quick, effective response to all your concerns
- * clear communication to our owners, rental property management and guests either through email, phone, fax or text
- * online account management-receive statements and pay your bill online
- * consultation of pool equipment, even if your pool is in the planning phase
- * recorded documentation of chemical reading kept on file and reported to property management when appropriate or requested
- * photo and written documentation of damages initiated by guests for appropriate billing
- * timely equipment replacement or repair, warranty service when appropriate
- * continuous liability and worker's compensation insurance coverage for your piece of mind
- * a well trained, experienced staff with up to date Certified Pool Operator credentials
- * year-round, seven days a week availability